INSPIRED BY A CLASSIC WWII DESIGN
Military knives have a lot of history behind them and a lot of fans. Yet they tend to be inconvenient and bulky for everyday carrying and use. Kershaw and custom knifemaker Les George offer a solution by taking inspiration from a classic U.S. World War II trench knife design and turning it into a handy folder.
Like the fighting knives of the past, the XCOM features a symmetrical, spear-point blade that’s great for piercing and cutting. A bayonet grind adds to the XCOM’s old-school theme. But Kershaw also kept legal concerns in mind. The XCOM’s quality 8Cr13MoV blade is only sharpened on one side, making it safer and easier to close—and making it legal in more areas (check your local laws to be sure). The big 3.6-inch blade opens manually with a built-in thumb disk.
The simple, comfortable handle fits a wide range of hand sizes, from larger to smaller. Made of sturdy, all-weather glass-filled nylon, the XCOM’s grooved handle incorporates a handguard near the blade to help prevent slipping. Exposed liner on the spine has jimping for greater cutting control. An inset liner lock keeps the blade securely open during use and closes easily when you’re done.
The XCOM features a reversible, deep-carry pocketclip so the knife carries unobtrusively low in your pocket. Or you can loop some paracord through the large lanyard hole to help your knife stand out. Depending on the situation, this folder can either be noticeable or stealthy. And when duty calls, the versatile XCOM is ready to go to work.
- Manual- There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Inset Liner Lock- A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
- Reversible- Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Manual opening
- Thumb disk
- Inset liner lock
- Reversible deep-carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up)
- Lanyard hole
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black-oxide coating
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade Length: 3.6 in. (9.2 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.4 in. (11.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 8 in. (20.2 cm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz. (117 g)
|Blade type||Spear Point|
|Blade material||8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel Black Oxide|
|Handle description||Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon Black|
|Sheath||Pocket Clip, Reversible|
|Edge type||Plain (Straight)|
|No of blades||1|
There are no reviews yet.